Reasons funds will need to be transferred outside of CarGurus Pay
While CarGurus Pay can assist with the bill of sale and title match, there may be a few instances where we are unable to handle the transfer of funds. These include but are not limited to:
- Failure to link a bank account: (Note: The name on the bank account must match the name on the license)
- The transaction is over $25,000
- The buyer and/or seller is in a state that does not support electronic payment through third parties: This can be due to certain escrow requirements. These states include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia.
- The buyer does not have adequate funds in their account
- The buyer requires financing: (Note: Pre-qualifications through CarGurus are only applicable to dealership vehicles)