Why is my VIN being rejected?
Each VIN is a 17-character sequence containing numbers and letters. To protect our users from fraudulent listings, we do not allow vehicles with identical VINs to be registered on our site.
If your VIN is rejected as not valid:
1. First, check to be sure that you’ve entered all 17 characters in correctly.
2. If your VIN contains any letter Os, please substitute them with a zero.
3. If the VIN is for an imported vehicle, I'm afraid we won't be able to support it for a private listing.
If your VIN already exists on the site:
If your car has been listed for sale on our site within the last 30 days, you will not be able to submit a new listing.
- If a dealership is still displaying a vehicle that you have bought and are now trying to sell, please reach out to the dealer to request removal of the listing.
- If you are creating a new ad because the original listing contains a mistake, please re-open the original ad by following these instructions and edit your listing by going to your garage.
- If you created a listing under a typo-ed email address, please reach out to us at email@example.com with your VIN# and correct email address! We will correct the email address on the original ad for you (you will have to confirm the new email address).
PLEASE NOTE: For security reasons, we cannot clear VIN# under any circumstances. If you close your ad to create a new one, we will not be able to re-assign the VIN.