Purchase Protection Program Terms & Conditions
The Purchase Protection Program ("PPP") offers protection to buyers on the purchase of eligible, privately listed vehicles when a buyer completes a transaction using CarGurus Pay services. Please remember that the PPP does not cover condition issues, which must be addressed directly with the seller. CarGurus, Inc. (“CarGurus”) discourages the use of offline transactions, including payments made by cash, MoneyGram, Western Union or gift cards, etc. as these non-protected payment methods could be associated with fraudulent transactions. The PPP does not cover transactions that are conducted in whole or in part outside of the CarGurus Pay service platform.
The PPP is only offered on the purchase of eligible privately listed vehicles. Eligibility will be determined by CarGurus and/or the Provider in its sole discretion. The eligibility criteria include:
- The buyer elects to complete the vehicle transaction entirely using the CarGurus Pay services. If financing is acquired outside of the Provider, the transaction will NOT qualify for the PPP.
- Any payment due to CarGurus or the Provider must be paid timely in full.
- The buyer has cooperated promptly with any related information requests.
- If requested, the Buyer must obtain a vehicle inspection conducted by an approved inspector.
- The Buyer must submit the claim within seven (7) days of receiving title or seventy five (75) days of the applicable vehicle purchase transaction, whichever is earlier.
What is Covered
Eligible purchases are protected up to $75,000 or the purchase price of the vehicle, whichever is less. Transactions are covered when an eligible buyer who has purchased a purchased a vehicle using the CarGurus Pay services pays for a vehicle but suffers an actual loss because:
- the buyer did not receive a title, free and clear of existing liens, within sixty (60) days of the transaction, or
- due to an error that is the fault of CarGurus or Autopay (as applicable), the purchase funds were delivered to the wrong party.
THE PPP DOES NOT COVER USERS FOR ANY OTHER LOSSES OR CLAIMS ASSOCIATED WITH A VEHICLE PURCHASE AND SALE TRANSACTION THAT ARE NOT EXPLICITLY COVERED AND MENTIONED ABOVE. PLEASE ALSO REFER TO OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ADDITIONAL COVERAGE EXCLUSIONS AND TERMS.
Our team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries about the purchase protection offered through our secure transaction feature.