My authentication code is not working!
If you create an account with CarGurus, you will initially be given the option to 'skip' choosing an account password. However, when logging in again, you will be required to set a password for your personal profile.
When attempting to log into an unconfirmed account you will run into the following form:
Please be sure to quickly go to your email inbox to retrieve the authentication code we sent, and be sure to check that you are entering the latest code we sent you! Codes will expire 15 minutes after the request to set a password is submitted.
If you are having trouble accessing your account, please do the following:
- Request an authentication code and then go to your email to retrieve it.
- If it does not appear immediately, please wait a few minutes as sometimes the emails can take a little time to be retrieved by inboxes.
- If you still have not received the email, be sure to check your spam folder as some CarGurus emails can end up there.
- Be sure to only use your latest authentication code to set your password! Whenever a new code is requested, the old one invalidates.
- Please note that authentication codes will expire 15 minutes after the request to reset a password is submitted (a request is sent automatically when attempting to log in).
- Make sure the timestamp on the reset email is recent (<15 minutes)