Dealer Review Content Guidelines
CarGurus strongly believes in transparency throughout the car shopping process. We're confident any transaction between a car shopper and a dealership will be easier and more pleasant if that shopper and dealership communicate openly and honestly.
We let car shoppers publicly review dealerships they've worked with while they're shopping for a car, and we allow dealerships to respond to those reviews directly. In order to ensure high-quality reviews, we only invite shoppers who have recently interacted with the dealership they are reviewing.
If you plan to post a review, here are some things to consider:
- Communication. Was the dealer quick to respond to your inquiry?
- Listing accuracy. Did the listing accurately describe the conditions of the vehicle?
- On-site experience. Was the car clean and ready for your test-drive?
- Customer service. Was the dealership staff friendly and accommodating?
- Overall impression. Would you recommend the dealer to your friends?
What we cannot publish:
- Accusations of criminal conduct
- Inappropriate language
- Personal attacks or discriminatory language
- Personal information such as full names, initials, credit info etc.
- All caps lettering
- Reviews that include a different dealer than the one you are submitting feedback for
- Comments that only reflect your experience with CarGurus and not the dealership
Each dealer review CarGurus receives gets screened and is usually posted within 1-2 business days. If we receive a review we can't publish for some reason, we invite the shopper to edit and re-submit it.